In our crusade to make Labor Day, Steak Day, we have one more fun grilling idea: Steak Sandwich Kabobs. Everyone loves a great steak sandwich, and everyone loves kabobs for parties, so we combined the two. These kabobs are a deconstructed version of a classic steak sandwich with all of the flavor and twice the fun.
Each skewer will have all the elements of a steak sandwich using top sirloin seasoned cubes, sweet red pepper chunks, focaccia bread cubes, onion chunks, sliced provolone cheese and oil. These kabobs are so easy to prepare, they are a great way to get the family, even the young kids, helping with the meal. Simply thread the skewers with the ingredients, grill, and add cheese. So fire up your grill, grab a sandwich, put a stick in it, and let’s make Labor Day, Steak Day!
Tip: For the ultimate Steak Day, do all three recipes…
Steak Sandwich Kabobs Ingredients
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 ounces focaccia bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 slices provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 2 cups deli coleslaw
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Steak Sandwich Kabobs Directions
- Sprinkle beef with steak seasoning. Alternately thread the beef, red pepper, bread cubes and onion onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with oil.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Top with cheese; grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, combine coleslaw and walnuts. Serve with kabobs.
Taken from: Taste of Home http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/steak-sandwich-kabobs