Year 2015 kicks off with gridiron excitement as momentum builds towards the Super Bowl. To inspire those game day menus, we are continuing our Winter Game Day Series. We begin with Skirt Steak Nachos. Perfect for any party, but ideal for the big game, these nachos are super simple and flavorful.
What sets these nachos apart is everything is done and assembled on the grill. While grilling the steak to medium rare, the jalapenos, tomatoes, and onions also get a beautiful char. Grilling the veggies adds a wonderful depth of flavor making this a cohesive dish rather than a simple finger food. The cheese is melted on the grill as well using indirect heat. Create a whimsical nacho bar by simply multiplying this recipe so your guests can add their favorite toppings. So fire up the grill, grab your favorite jersey, and may the best team win…
Skirt Steak Nachos Ingredients
- 2 aluminum pie pans or another shallow grill friendly dish
- nachos, 3/4 large bag
- 1lb skirt steak (or more)
- 16 oz cheese- grated- I used a package of shredded “Mexican” cheeses
- 1 can of seasoned black beans
- 2 jalapenos
- tomatoes and onions, for the grill
- sour cream
- hot sauce
Skirt Steak Nachos Directions
- Drizzle skirt steak in olive oil, add lots of salt and pepper. Grill the skirt steak on direct heat, no more than 8 minutes. You do not want to overcook the skirt steak.
- At the same time, grill your jalapenos, tomatoes and onion slices. In a grill safe pot or pan, add the beans and cook on the grill.
- By this time, you may have taken the meat off the grill. Take it off, tent it with foil, and let it rest until everything else is ready.
- Use 2 aluminum pie pans or another grill-friendly shallow dish (in a pinch, doubled-up aluminum foil could be used) and spray it with non-stick spray. Add your chips and divide the cheese between the two plates. The more cheese the better.
- Put the dish of nachos on the grill on indirect heat and let it heat until all the cheese has melted (8-10 minutes approx.).
- Pull veggies, nachos and beans off the grill. Chop the veggies and skirt steak and put them on the nachos. Next, smother them in the beans and add chopped cilantro.
- Add all your favorite toppings!
Taken from: GrillGirl.com