We commemorate our nation’s birthday with family get-togethers and block parties packed with games, fireworks, and food. Such a celebration of freedom and liberty deserves great food straight from the grill. Our Grillin’ on the Fourth of July series continues to bring jaw dropping dishes to your party with Shrimp Kabobs with Pineapple. Featuring coconut and hot sauce marinated shrimp perfectly grilled with fresh pineapple wedges, these kabobs are exploding with flavor perfect for a star-spangled holiday.
Begin by marinating 1 pound of large shrimp in a mixture of coconut milk, Tabasco sauce, soy sauce, orange juice, and lime juice for a couple hours. With seafood, freshness is always king and really makes all the difference. Once marinated, assemble the skewers alternating shrimp with pineapple wedges. Grill the kabobs over medium-high heat for just a few minutes per side while brushing the marinade on both sides. Serve with fresh cilantro or green onions and watch your family and friends’ faces burst with enjoyment at first bite. So fire up the grill, hoist the flag through the frenzy of fireworks, and enjoy grillin’ on the Fourth of July.
Shrimp Kabobs with Pineapple Ingredients
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons Tabasco Original Red Sauce — or hot sauce of choice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice — from about 2 large limes
- 1 pound large shrimp — 31-40 count, peeled and deveined (you can use fresh or frozen, thawed shrimp)
- 3/4 pound pineapple chunks — 1 inch-cut
- Canola oil — for grilling
- Freshly chopped cilantro and/or green onion — for serving
Shrimp Kabobs with Pineapple Directions
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut milk, Tabasco sauce, soy sauce, orange juice, and lime juice. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 1-2 hours, tossing occasionally. If using wooden skewers, soak in warm water while the shrimp marinates. Meanwhile, prepare the pineapple if needed.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Remove the shrimp from the marinade, and reserve the marinade for grilling. Thread the shrimp onto a skewers, alternating with the pineapple.
- Lightly brush the grill with canola oil, then place the shrimp on the grill. Grill the shrimp for 3 minutes, brushing with the marinade, then turn and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, brushing with the marinade again, until the shrimp are just cooked through. Remove to a serving plate and garnish with cilantro and green onion. Serve hot.
Taken from wellplated.com https://www.wellplated.com/coconut-pineapple-shrimp-skewers/