Autumn is truly wonderful to behold with its endless shades of yellow and orange, perfect days, and brisk nights. Likewise, fall menus offer rich dishes infused with blends of fruits, veggies, and spices. For our final installment in the Harvest Grilling Series, we present Orange Glazed Chicken and Sweet Potatoes – a hearty, sweet, and citrusy presentation perfect for an autumn afternoon.
The glaze is a simple combination of orange juice, maple syrup, rosemary, salt, and pepper; yielding sugary and fresh flavors and fragrances. This recipe calls for chicken leg and thigh quarters since the dark meat is juicier, containing more natural oils and fats, but white meat can be used as well. For a deeper infusion of flavor, use the glaze mixture as a marinade and let marinate overnight. This dish would also work great in the oven, but grilling over flame adds another level of flavor as the sugars in the glaze and sweet potatoes caramelize. So fire up the grill, grab a light sweater, and enjoy these majestic sunsets while they’re here!
Orange Glazed Chicken with Sweet Potatoes Ingredients
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 3/4 c. orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into 1″ thick rounds
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 tsp. pepper, divided
Orange Glazed Chicken with Sweet Potatoes Directions
- Preheat grill. In a small bowl, mix orange juice concentrate, maple syrup, rosemary, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- Place chicken and potatoes on the grill. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Grill or broil chicken and potatoes for 25 minutes, turning all pieces at least once.
- Brush chicken and potatoes with one half of orange juice mixture, let cook 30 seconds and turn. Brush second side, cook one minute and turn all pieces again. Cook for one more minute. Remove from heat and serve.
Taken from HarvestFoodsNW.com