Fall is here and many believe it’s the best time to grill with crisp weather, dazzling colors of fall leaves, and flavorful harvest ingredients. The Harvest Grilling Series continues with Orange-Ginger Pork Chops, featuring traditional flavors of fall in an Asian-inspired preparation. With a robust marinade of sautéed ginger, sherry, and orange, these chops are infused with an explosion of flavors and grilled to perfection.
Begin preparing the marinade by sautéing fresh ginger and garlic in oil and remove from heat, then stir in sherry honey, soy sauce, sesame seeds, grated orange peel, and hot pepper sauce. Keep a ½ cup of the marinade in reserve and then add the pork chops to the marinade for at least an hour. Make a basting sauce by combing cornstarch, water, and the reserved marinade in a saucepan, bring to boil and cook until thickened. When ready to cook, grill the pork chops over medium heat for 15-20 minutes turning and basting occasionally. These chops finish with beautiful caramelization and char, full of juicy goodness with the fresh heat of ginger, and permeated with the essence of orange. So fire up the grill, get outside, and enjoy these iconic fall days while they last with the Harvest Grilling Series.
Orange-Ginger Pork Chops Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Orange-Ginger Pork Chops Directions
- In a saucepan, cook ginger and garlic in oil for 1 minute; remove from the heat.
- Stir in the sherry, honey, soy sauce, sesame seeds, orange peel, and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Pour 1/2 cup into a small bowl; set aside.
- Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Drain and discard marinade from the pork. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat 4 minutes.
- Turn; baste with sauce. Grill 15 to 20 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting occasionally. Serve with any remaining sauce.
Taken from RD.com