Now things are starting to get maddening! The excitement, the drama, the stories, the agony – it’s only been 2 rounds! Bring on “Grill Madness” Lamb Chops with Gorgonzola Butter, representing the Big-10 Conference.
A hearty favorite of the Northern Midwest region, these chops will fill the room with a rich aroma of garlic and Gorgonzola. Using a relatively simple marinade, these lamb chops bring forth great flavor, and the Gorgonzola butter adds a decadent layer that leaves you feeling relaxed and satisfied. Requiring a little more prep time than the previous recipes, these chops are great for the middle rounds of the tournament when there are fewer games. So grab some lamb, light the grill, and let the madness continue…
Lamb Chops Ingredients
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary leaves or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crumbled
- Coarse salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pound rack of lamb, cut into 8 double chops
- Gorgonzola Butter (see recipe below)
Lamb Chops Directions
1. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, shallots, garlic, and rosemary leaves. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place lamb chops in baking dish. Pour Marinade over the chops, turning to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
2. Prepare Gorgonzola Butter and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Preheat barbecue grill. Grill lamb chops to desired doneness, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium rare and an internal thermometer registers 125°F. (use a meat thermometer to test for doneness). Remove from grill and transfer to individual serving plates.
4. Remove Gorgonzola Butter from refrigerator and cut into 1/2-inch wide slices. Place one (1) butter slice on each cooked pork chop and serve.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 ounces gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
1. In a small frying pan over medium heat, melt 1 teaspoon butter. Add shallot and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Using a electric mixer, beat remaining 1/2 cup butter and Gorgonzola cheese until fluffy. Add shallot mixture, olive oil, and lemon juice; beat until well blended.
3. On a large piece of plastic wrap, make butter mixture into a 1-inch wide cylinder log; wrap plastic wrap around the butter. Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.