It is the middle of October, autumn is in full swing, and football is king! The Time of the Tailgate Series continues to get the menu for your weekend ritual set with Jerk Pork Tenderloin Sliders. These tasty bite-full’s feature an aromatic jerk seasoning, a sweet and spicy jerk glaze, and Caribbean Coleslaw. These sliders are boss-size in flavor even though they are small in size.
Begin with four pork tenderloins and thoroughly rub all over with a mixture of Killer Hogs The AP Rub, cayenne pepper, thyme, onion powder, cinnamon, ground clove, nutmeg, and allspice. Slowly cook in a smoker or grill, maintaining a 275-degree cooking temperature. When nearly done, apply the sweet and spicy glaze, featuring ketchup, pineapple juice, brown sugar, the jerk seasoning, garlic, and finely chopped pepper. The Caribbean Coleslaw is a refreshing cabbage salad featuring fresh mango and habanero pepper. Assemble the sliders on Hawaiian rolls with slices of pork tenderloin, a generous drizzle of jerk glaze, and finish a heap of cool coleslaw. So fire up the grill, turn on the big game, and get ready to feast with the Time of the Tailgate Series.
Jerk Pork Tenderloin Sliders Ingredients
- 4 Pork Tenderloins (1.5 pounds average each)
- ¼ cup Jerk Seasoning
- 1 cup Jerk Glaze
- 1 package of Hawaiian Rolls
- Caribbean Cole Slaw
For Jerk Seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons Killer Hogs The AP Rub
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried Thyme
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Clove
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Allspice
For Jerk Glaze
- ½ cup Heinz Ketchup
- ½ cup Pineapple juice
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Jerk Seasoning
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 green Onions finely chopped
- 1 Scotch Bonnet or Habanero Pepper finely chopped (more if you like it hot)
- 1 teaspoon Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1 bag of Prepared Coleslaw w/red cabbage and carrots
- ½ Red Onion sliced thin
- ½ Fresh Mango chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Green Onion finely sliced
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Habanero Pepper finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Jerk Pork Tenderloin Sliders Directions
- Prepare Drum Smoker or other BBQ grill/smoker for indirect cooking at 275⁰. Add cherry wood to hot coals for smoke flavor.
- Remove any excess fat or silver skin from each pork tenderloin. Season with Jerk Rub on all sides.
- Place each tenderloin on the cooking rack of the smoker and insert probe thermometer to monitor internal temperature.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 135⁰ in the center of the tenderloin.
- Apply Jerk Glaze on all sides of the tenderloins and continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 145⁰ (about 10 more minutes).
- Remove from smoker and rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Split Hawaiian Rolls in half and remove the top portion of each roll and place slices of pork tenderloin on the bottom half. Drizzle with Jerk glaze and top with Caribbean Cole slaw. Place the top portion of each roll on the slaw and serve.
For Jerk Glaze
- In a small boiler over medium, add the ketchup, pineapple juice, brown sugar, honey, limejuice and vinegar. Stir to combine and add the jerk seasoning, garlic, onion, and peppers. Bring to a slight boil and reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes. Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl and add to the pot. Continue simmering the glaze until it thickens about 3-4 minutes.
For Caribbean Coleslaw
- In a small bowl add the vinegar, Dijon Mustard, honey, and sugar. Whisk to combine and drizzle in olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. In a medium size bowl add the bag of coleslaw, mango, red onion, green onion, and habanero. Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss to combine. Store in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
Taken from HowToBBQRight.com