Needing a way to get you through another Father’s Day without buying dad another tie or socks? Make him a steakhouse dinner at home, he will feel so appreciated, and you’re also going to get a great steak out of it. Jack Daniel’s Grilled Steak is a mouthwatering New York Strip steak marinated in the iconic whiskey and soy sauce for an amazingly moist and tender feast. Take it from The GrillFather, your dad will feel loved, cherished, and full.
Begin with the marinade by combining the whiskey, soy sauce, olive oil, Dijon, brown sugar, fresh garlic, and pepper. Place the steaks in a glass baking dish, pour the marinade on top to coat, and refrigerate overnight for best results. Allow steaks to rise to room temperature for uniform cooking, preheat the grill to high heat, and sear the steaks to taste. Coat the sweet onions and zucchini in olive oil and grill until beautifully charred. Season with salt and pepper and serve with the rested steak for a delicious and hearty meal any dad will love. So fire up that grill, grab a drink for the old man, and show how much you love him.
Jack Daniel’s Grilled Steak Ingredients
- 4 (8 ounces each) New York Strip Steaks, boneless
- 1/2- cup Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
- 1/2- cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4- cup light brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 whole sweet onions, cut into rings
- 4 zucchinis, cut into rings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Jack Daniel’s Grilled Steak Directions
- Place the steaks in a pan that is large enough to hold all 4. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the whiskey, soy sauce, olive oil, mustard, brown sugar, garlic, and fresh ground pepper; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the marinade over the steaks, turning the steaks once or twice to coat evenly with the marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate overnight, or at least for 4 hours, in the refrigerator, turning it once while in the fridge.
- Remove steaks from fridge 30 minutes before you are ready to grill.
- Fire up the grill and preheat to high. For steaks, you want the heat as high as possible.
- Right before you are ready to cook, pour cooking oil on a paper towel and oil the grate using long-handled tongs.
- Drain the marinade off the steak and discard the marinade.
- Place the steak on the hot grate and grill until cooked to taste, 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- After the steak is appropriately seared, if it’s not finished cooking, move it to the warm side of the grate (not directly over the coals), close the lid and continue to cook the steak until it’s at the desired temperature for doneness.
- To test for doneness, insert an instant-read thermometer in the side of the steak. The internal temperature should be 145°F for medium-rare.
- Transfer the grilled steaks to a cutting board and rest for about 5 minutes before cutting.
- In the meantime, prepare the vegetables. Season the onions and zucchini with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Working in batches, grill the vegetables until tender and lightly charred all over, about 6 to 7 minutes for the onions and zucchini.
- Remove from grill and serve with steaks.
Taken from diethood.com https://diethood.com/jack-daniels-grilled-steak-recipe/