Thankfully, it’s Thanksgiving – a time to reflect on the year in appreciation and gratitude for the blessings we have received. This month we wanted to provide a menu for that thankful holiday that captures the graciousness of the season in style and flavor. We begin with Grilled Pear Salad, a very simple, autumn-inspired dish featuring harvest fruit and vegetables.
This salad begins with fresh greens, raspberries, and cashews, bringing several textures together to form a delightful bed for the grilled pears to lie on. Grilled fruit bring a complexity of taste and color to any dish, and here the grilled pears create a sweet balance. Drizzled with raspberry and basil vinaigrette, this salad is a light and refreshing addition to your Thanksgiving Day feast. So fire up the grill, and let’s get thankful!
Grilled Pear Salad Ingredients
- 3 firm ripe Bartlett pears, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 (10-oz.) jar seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 (5-oz.) package gourmet mixed salad greens
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup honey-roasted cashews
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
Grilled Pear Salad Directions
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Grill pear wedges, covered with grill lid, 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- For vinaigrette, whisk together red wine vinegar, preserves, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Add canola oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Combine salad greens, red onion, raspberries, cashews, and goat cheese, and pears in a large bowl. Drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette, and toss to combine. Serve immediately with remaining vinaigrette.
Taken from: MyRecipes.com http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-pear-salad