We love mom. Moms are great. Mothers never give up and are wonderful examples of selfless love. Definitely under-appreciated, moms give and give to make our lives better. Mother’s Day is one day set aside each year to celebrate her, serve her, make her feel as special as she has made us feel day after day, and… grill baby! Face it; we look for any opportunity to use the grill. How much better to use the grill to commemorate mom!
Here is a delightful and unexpected recipe to try this Mother’s Day – Grilled Mango Quinoa Salad. This light and refreshing salad will not only bless your loving mother, but also impress her and the family with your mad grillin’ skills. Combining quinoa, grilled mango, grilled green onions, black beans, and lime – this healthy meal tastes great and lends itself to an afternoon picnic and siesta. Moms deserve some festivity, merriment, and special attention… Moms deserve this salad. Let’s show her we love her by doing what we do best – grilling!
Grilled Mango Quinoa Salad Ingredients
- 2 cups quinoa
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Generous pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large mango
- 3 green onions, root ends trimmed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
Grilled Mango Quinoa Salad Directions
- Cook quinoa according to package directions; you can make quinoa up to 2 days ahead.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together lime zest, juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Slice the “cheeks” off the mango pit, discarding the pit. Brush the mango and green onions with the lime vinaigrette.
- Set mango and green onions on the grill and cook, turning every minute, for about 4 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Chop the green onions and place them in the bowl with the vinaigrette. Peel and dice the grilled mango and place it in the bowl.
- Add quinoa, black beans, and cilantro. Toss ingredients until well combined. Serve warm or chilled.
Taken from: sheknows.com