Two words: bacon butter… Your summer and your grill are going to be sizzling with the next dish in our Summer Grilling Spectacular series: Grilled Corn with Bacon Butter. I think this deserves a third repeat: bacon butter… This is an awesome redo of a traditional favorite. Whether as an appetizer, side dish, or just a mid afternoon snack, you will not want to get this corn out of your face. (Any connection to Nacho Libre is emphatically implied…)
Grilled sweet corn is great on its own, but combining the salty bacon, rich butter, and fresh cotija cheese just makes this dish sing. Be sure to crumble the bacon into very small and tiny crumbles to blend into the butter. This preparation is super simple and easy, but will yield huge compliments from your friends and family. So fire up the grill, put on Nacho Libre, and get ready to taste the glory!
Grilled Corn with Bacon Butter Ingredients
- 6 ears of corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 slices bacon, fried and crumbled (very small crumbles!)
- 3-4 ounces cotija cheese, crumbled
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- black pepper
Grilled Corn with Bacon Butter Directions
- Preheat your grill on the highest setting. Shuck corn ears and brush each with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper. Wrap each in a square of aluminum foil – just so there is one layer cover the corn. Grill for about 5 minutes each “side” – rotating corn 4-5 times during grilling. While grilling corn, combine softened butter with crumbled bacon. Crumble cotija cheese on a large plate.
- Once corn is finished, let sit for about 5 minutes to cool a bit before serving. The corn will still be very hot. Serve with a brush for the bacon butter, the plate of cotija to roll the corn in, and a bunch of fresh cilantro for garnish.
(Note: there are so many ways to grill corn and this is what we have found to work best for us – feel free to grill your corn another way if you’d like.)