For mom, we want to do our best…
For mom, we want to give a little more…
For mom, we want to love our children and teach them respect…
For mom, we want to show off that awesome grill and deliver the best Grilled Chicken Legs ever!
Our second recipe idea for Mother’s Day is finger licking good Grilled Chicken Legs. This is a little heartier and messier than our first recipe (see last article), but still not too heavy to bring on a mid-afternoon food coma. (Mom will appreciate that, too.) The finger licking compulsion comes from the marinade composed of peach preserves, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic, thyme, and rosemary. So tasty and perhaps a little messy, these are legs and thighs are the perfect choice for a Sunday afternoon BBQ. So fire up the grill, grab your mom (or any mom for that matter), and let’s get grillin’.
Notice, this recipe serves eight, but after mom and the family get their hands on them, you’re going to need a double batch…
Grilled Chicken Legs Ingredients
- 4 pounds chicken drumsticks and thighs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
Grilled Chicken Legs Directions
- Place chicken in a large baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together peach preserves, vinegar, ginger, garlic, thyme, and rosemary.
- Pour peach mixture over chicken and toss to coat well. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and marinate at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high heat and oil the grill grate.
- Place chicken on the grill and close lid. Grill for 10 minutes, flip, and grill for 10 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the skin is well glazed. If chicken starts to brown too quickly, reduce heat to medium-high.
Taken from: sheknows.com