Super Bowl! Super Bowl! Super Bowl! Can you feel the excitement? Each week the losers go home, and the winners move on trying to make it to the big game. Our second installment of the Winter Game Day series is Glazed Bacon and Cheese Filled Burgers, and it promises to be a decadent meal that can be palmed in one hand while the other is swinging through the air at each First Down.
Fresh ground beef is fashioned into patties around bacon and cheese. Each patty is then generously patted with a spice mixture featuring brown sugar, paprika, garlic, cumin, and chipotle. Quickly grilled and assembled on a roll, these burgers are sweet, spicy, and savory. Obviously, any combination of condiments could be added, but they will not be necessary. So fire up the grill and get ready for a fantastic party.
Glazed Bacon and Cheese Filled Burgers Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 rolls
Glazed Bacon and Cheese Filled Burgers Directions
- Heat grill to medium.
- Combine the sugar, spices, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Form the beef into 8 equal patties.
- Toss the cheese and crumbled bacon together and place an equal amount on 4 of the patties.
- Place the remaining patties over the cheese and bacon and pinch the edges to seal.
- Generously pat each burger with the reserved spice mixture.
- Grill to desired doneness — about 5 minutes per side for medium.
Taken from: Delish.com