Fall is the favorite season for many with beautiful scenery as the leaves changes color, cooler temperatures for serene walks and bike rides, and an abundance of fresh vegetables and fruit from the harvest. The Harvest Grilling Series brings you rich recipes to keep you grilling outside enjoying this beautiful time of year. Garlic Brown Butter Ribeye Steaks with Cauliflower Puree brings together steak and veggies in a formal presentation with matching taste.
The cauliflower puree is a creamy mixture of boiled cauliflower, cream cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper, and features a perfectly smooth texture that creates a smooth bed for the rich ribeye. The steaks are grilled over medium heat for maximum caramelization of the rich marbling and fat. The brown butter is the crown of the dish, starring rich garlic and a dark, smoky aroma from the browning process. As the butter melts over the ribeye and into the cauliflower, it unifies the dish into a wonderful experience. So fire up the grill, grab a light sweater, and enjoy the tastes of the season with the Harvest Grilling Series.
Garlic Brown Butter Ribeye Steaks with Cauliflower Puree Ingredients
- 4 ribeye steaks
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Garlic Brown Butter
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Garlic Brown Butter Ribeye Steaks with Cauliflower Puree Directions
- To make the cauliflower puree, bring chicken stock to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Add cauliflower, reduce heat and cover. Stir occasionally until cauliflower is very soft. Puree with the remaining ingredients in a food processor until very creamy.
- Grill steaks to desired doneness over medium heat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter until it foams. Add the garlic, salt and garlic powder. Stir until garlic becomes light brown. Remove from heat quickly.
- Spoon a large helping of cauliflower puree on each plate. Place the steak on top and spoon butter over the steak.
Taken from FarmFlavor.com