Here is our second installment in our “Grill Madness” series celebrating the three weeks of college hoops and fun known as March Madness. Representing the ACC Conference, we have and East Coast favorite, “Grill Madness” Crab Cakes. Crab cakes are delicious already, but grilling them adds even more flavor.
This is a very simple recipe where the crab and the grill do all the work. Just a little garlic, sour cream, oil, salt, and pepper bring the crab to the forefront of this dish. Since the crab is very delicate, you will need a really clean and well-oiled cooking grate to prevent burning and crumbling. Enjoy the games, enjoy the crabs, and enjoy the madness…
Crab Cakes Ingredients
- 2 six ounce cans crab meat, drained
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Crab Cakes Preparation
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Form crab mixture into 4-5 patties. Place in a shallow dish, cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour before grilling.
2. Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Place patties on well-oiled grill grate. Cook for 10 minutes, turning once. Remove from heat and serve immediately.