There’s nothing quite like giving back to Mom on Mother’s Day for all the years of love, sweat, and tears she has poured into you. Not to mention a beautiful day to show off our grilling prowess for your biggest fan, a.k.a. Momma’s Boy. Bring on the love this Mother’s Day with Chicken Garlic Broccoli Kebabs featuring flavorful Kobe sauce, charred broccoli florets, and roasted whole garlic cloves. Kobe sauce is a traditional Japanese sauce for Kobe beef and steaks, and it works amazing on the grill with chicken and veggies.
This dish is about skewering the chicken cubes, broccoli, and garlic, brushing with Kobe sauce, seasoning with salt, and letting the grill do its magic. Allow the broccoli to char, the garlic to brown, and the sauce to caramelize for beautiful taste and texture. Bursting with Asian flavors and aromatics, these skewers will bring a big smile to the woman of the day and boasting rights to the man with the grill. So fire up the grill, don’t forget her favorite flowers, and give your mom a Mother’s Day to remember.
Chicken, Garlic and Broccoli Kebabs Ingredients
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 1 head of garlic cloves will be used whole
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets as big of pieces as you can manage
- Salt and Pepper to taste I recommend pepper being used at the end, not before cooking
- 1/2 cup of Kobe Sauce
Chicken, Garlic and Broccoli Kebabs Directions
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Cut up your chicken into cubes, set aside.
- Cut up your broccoli, set aside.
- Pull all the cloves from the garlic, but leave them whole.
- Now thread the ingredients on the skewers. I used about two cloves of garlic per skewer.
- Sprinkle generously with salt.
- Brush with Kobe Sauce.
- Pop them on the grill and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- If you want them cooked a bit more you can keep indirect heat on one side of the grill and move them over thereafter for another 3 to 4 minutes. This will completely depend on how big the size is of your cubes.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest for a few minutes. Serve.
Taken from kissmysmoke.com https://kissmysmoke.com/chicken-garlic-and-broccoli-kebabs/