Something is spectacular when it is impressive to look at, dramatic to watch, or remarkably large – a fitting description of the Grillfather himself. This is the Summer Grilling Spectacular, where we bring you a survey of fantastic grilling ideas to keep you grillin’ through the summer. And what could be more impressive or dramatic than bourbon, Bourbon BBQ Glazed Pork Chops that
Begin making the bourbon barbecue sauce by sautéing garlic, chili powder, and cayenne pepper, and then adding ketchup, bourbon, molasses, vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Once combined and thickened, divide into two parts, and grill pork chops over medium heat, basting with the sauce during the last four minutes to caramelize and char. The sugars from the molasses, brown sugar, and ketchup are balanced by the strong bourbon, mustard, and vinegar, while the cayenne adds the perfect amount of heat without being the centerpiece. So fire up the grill, grab a refreshing drink, and get ready for the Summer Grilling Spectacular.
Bourbon BBQ Glazed Pork Chops Ingredients
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 c. ketchup
- 3/4 c. bourbon (like Jack Daniel’s)
- 1/4 c. molasses
- 1/4 c. cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 1-inch-thick bone-in pork chops (about 3 pounds total)
Bourbon BBQ Glazed Pork Chops Directions
- Heat oil and garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until garlic sizzles (do not let brown), about 1 minute. Add chili powder and cayenne. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Add ketchup, bourbon, molasses, vinegar, sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 12 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Season chops with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part (avoiding the bone) registers 135°F, 10 to 14 minutes, basting with glaze (about 2/3 cup) during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Transfer to a platter and baste again. Serve with remaining glaze.
Taken from countryliving.com https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/a21347095/bourbon-bbq-glazed-pork-chops-recipe/