The spring thaw is upon us bringing budding life, warmer temperatures, and the greatest sports tournament in the history of mankind! Grill Madness continues to get your gameday menu set for this year’s NCAA Basketball Tournament. A unique twist on the grilled chicken sandwich, Baja Chicken & Slaw Sliders combines a refreshing lime-cream sauce, vibrant slaw, and spiced grilled chicken for an explosion of flavor. Perfectly sized to hold in one hand while the other beats the air, these sliders are sure to be a party favorite, so you better make a double or triple batch.
Begin by prepping the sauce and the slaw, which can be made ahead and refrigerated. The sauce is a simple and refreshing combination of sour cream, lime juice, and lime zest. The slaw is a mixture of cabbage, sweet red pepper, sweet onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, and sugar. Full of crunchy texture, the jalapenos and lime add a little kick to the slaw that balances the sweet. To prepare the chicken for the grill, slice each breast widthwise and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Grill chicken over medium heat until golden and assemble on grill-toasted roles with lettuce, tomato, a pile of slaw, and finished with the lime-cream sauce. With vivacious colors crispness from the slaw and veggies, these sliders strike that perfect balance of flavor and presentation.
So fire up your grill, fill out your brackets, and set your menu for Grill Madness. With a pool of 60-plus teams battling it out over three weeks, now is the time to get your grill station cleaned and prepped for mass carnage.
Makes 8 sliders
Baja Chicken & Slaw Sliders Ingredients
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 cup broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 8 small lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
Baja Chicken & Slaw Sliders Directions
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, lime zest, and lime juice. In another small bowl, combine slaw ingredients. Chill sauce and slaw until serving.
- Cut each chicken breast in half widthwise; flatten to 1/2-inch thickness. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from heat 4-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Place the rolls on the grill, cut sides down, for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve chicken on rolls with lettuce, tomato, sauce, and slaw.
Taken from tasteofhome.com https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/baja-chicken-slaw-sliders/