Summertime is here with long days, warm weather, vacations, swim parties, fireworks, baseball, and every possible reason to grill grill grill! This is our Summer Grilling Spectacular, a series of amazing recipes perfect for hot summer nights and weekend barbecues. The next entry is Adobo-Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Grilled-Pineapple Salsa, a flavor explosion of spicy adobo and sweet pineapple salsa. This Latin inspired recipe is perfect for any occasion and utilizes the mesquite of the grill for unending flavor.
Begin by preparing the pork tenderloin by trimming the fat and the silver skin that runs along the surface of the meat. Then marinate the pork in the adobo mixture of fresh line juice, black pepper, oregano, cumin, salt, and garlic to breakdown the tissue and infuse with flavor. After one hour, prepare the grill for medium-high heat, and cook until the center is slightly pink. The grilled pineapple salsa features fresh pineapple slices, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper grilled for three minutes per side for added flavor. These are then diced and combined with red onion, cilantro, line juice, brown sugar, ginger, jalapeños, and chipotle chile for an eruption of spicy-sweet goodness. When served together, the salsa perfectly compliments the robust adobo pork perfect for a Summer Grilling Spectacular!
Adobo-Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Grilled-Pineapple Salsa Ingredients
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (about 8 limes)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 5 (1-inch) slices fresh pineapple (about 4 1/2 pounds)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced crystallized ginger
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 drained canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
Adobo-Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Grilled-Pineapple Salsa Directions
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a 2-quart baking dish. Trim fat from pork. Place pork in dish, turning to coat; cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning pork occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove pork from dish; discard marinade. Brush with oil. Insert a meat thermometer into thickest portion of pork. Place on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 25 minutes or until thermometer registers 160° (slightly pink). Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Sprinkle with cilantro and green onions. Serve with Grilled-Pineapple Salsa.
- Place first 3 ingredients on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side. Discard stems and seeds from bell peppers; dice pineapple and bell peppers. Combine pineapple, bell pepper, onion, and remaining ingredients; toss gently.